Sunday 3 November 2013

References in Culture - The Results

The experiment has finished! I have been observing my interaction with popular culture, and searching for references to God, Jesus, or events or people in the Bible. I am of the opinion that there are references to such things in popular culture aplenty, and I can reveal that I counted, in one week, a total of...

*Drumroll, please*

91 references!

I understand that there are quite a lot of faults with this experiment; for example, I only monitored the popular culture that I come in to contact with, I had to rely on my remembering how many references I had seen in a particular TV show/song/etc., and it was only one week. I will consider doing this experiment again at some point, to get a closer average, but my results from this one experiment show that the number of references in popular culture is higher than may be expected at first glance.

No comments:

Post a Comment