Sunday 7 July 2013


People often say that God works in mysterious ways. I've also heard that a God who is small enough to understand is not big enough to truly help us. I agree with both of these viewpoints, but I find it hard to believe that we can't know anything about God and His character. Indeed, people often try and dissuade people from falling in love too fast for fear that they will embark on a serious relationship without knowing anything about the person they are in that relationship with. I think that our relationship with God is the same; it simply can't become serious until we understand at least some of His character. We can never hope to understand all of His character (for He works in mysterious ways, and if He was small enough to understand He wouldn't be big enough to truly help us) yet I believe that through the Bible and through His works, God has given us insight into some of His character. And if all Scripture is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16), then we can trust in the characteristics of God that we see portrayed in the Bible.

In this series I want to look at the character of God as revealed in the Bible. For the next seven weeks, I will be focusing on a different aspect of God's character as I believe it to be revealed in Scripture. These seven aspects are:
  1. Creator God
  2. Loving God
  3. Warrior God
  4. Father God
  5. Famous God
  6. Defining God
  7. Faithful God
I hope that you all enjoy this series, and please feel free to comment with your own thoughts and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment