Saturday 1 September 2012

I see what You did there

As I have already said, God works on the small things as well as the large things. There might be some small event that ties things together, and we generally just let them go by without paying them much thought.

For example, one week I had a challenge in my youth group. We had been reading Galatians 5:22-23 which list nine attributes of the Holy Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, humility, goodness and self-control. We had decided that for each day of the week, we would focus on a different attribute but that we would always focus on goodness and self-control, working through the other seven in the order that they were written in the letter. At the end of the week I was talking to someone in my youth group and we were discussing how the attribute that we had to focus on for a certain day seemed to fit in perfectly with what was going on that day. If they had been written down in a different order, it probably wouldn't have worked.

It's when things like that happen that it really makes me think, "Hey, God, I see what You did there." So maybe we shouldn't just let these little moments pass us by, but really think about them and see God at work within us and thank Him for that, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment